The A.L. Brown High School Sports Medicine Department strives to provide
a professional healthcare environment for the prevention, evaluation,
treatment, and rehabilitation of all sports related injuries for the
student athletes of Kannapolis City Schools. Our mission is to provide
the highest standard of sports medicine care for every athlete
regardless of gender, sport, or team status. We treat every student as a
person first and an athlete second.
All of the following services are provided by a certified
athletic trainer who is licensed by the state of North Carolina. This
certified athletic trainer will be working under the direction of a
- Injury Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment as it relates to Sports Medicine.
- Baseline and Follow-up Neuropsychological Testing for Concussion Management.
- Post Injury/Surgical Rehabilitation
- Counseling and education of athletes and their parents regarding
sports injuries, the healing process, and other matters that pertain to
- Specific Gravity Testing to establish hydration status.
- Body Composition Assessment
- Nutrition Education
- Medical referral to appropriate physician or health care provider.
- Maintenance of Appropriate Medical Records
- Assistance with the filing of insurance claims.
- Establishment of policies and procedures to ensure the safety of each student athlete.
- Partnership with local Emergency Medical Services to provide coverage for athletic events..